Strength WoD: Countdowning
10 – 8 – 6 – 4 – 2
- Heavy Day!!
- You may have noticed a theme in some of your recent strength days with this rep scheme. It is an elegant way of adding volume and that all important time under tension as well as act as a fantastic “warm up”, if you wanna coin a term, to ramp up for those low-rep heavier sets at the end.
- You may look and think “5 sets, is that all we got?” If you fire it that way you’ve already lost the point of the workout! Come on in and we will show you the way!
- Lift large AND lift HEAVY! Rest as needed between sets.
- The idea is (form withstanding) to increase load on every set. Only 5 sets to record – NO MISSES!
- Oh and expect some postural stamina work after the work sets too. Don’t forget to breathe!
- Fun day at the office!! Lets go!!
- Hold the standards. Form is priority as always.
- Scale As needed.
Post Loads to Beyond The Whiteboard
We like Ben Bergeron. He speaks lots of sense.