Hero month is here!!
Hero WoD: “Marston”
Complete As Many Rounds As Possible in 20 Minutes
1 Deadlift (184 / 129 kg)
10 Toes To Bar
15 Burpee Over Bar
- This WoD was created to honour Special Warfare Operator 1st Class William Blake Marston, 31, of Concord, New Hampshire. Click here to see the first time this posted on .Com & read about Marston.
- Relatively new Hero WoD today. This. Is. HEAVY!! Don’t be deceived by the fact its only 1 rep each time. Your midline is going to get smoked over through all your flexing in your toes to bar & your repeated extending in the Burpees. This will mean your need to BRACE is more important than ever!!
- DON’T just rely on a belt. Learn to brace your midsection properly and set up for that lift properly. By rights that one solitary rep will likely start consuming 30-40 seconds per round. Don’t rush it!!
- If the weight is too heavy (and for a very very large contingent of the Box it is!) scale to somewhere between 85-92% of your 1RM deadlift. We DO NOT want to see you putting 100% or more on the bar today!
- Lets go!!
- Hold the standards. Form is priority as always.
- Scale As needed.
Post number of ROUNDS to Beyond The Whiteboard.
You know CrossFit is getting well known when this happens! 🙂
‘Hero’ Month is now in full flow!
Much like the named ‘Girl’ WoDs, Hero WoDs are Benchmark workouts that are created by CrossFit HQ to honour certain men & women from all lines of public service from all parts of the world who tragically lost their lives in the line of duty doing their bit to preserve freedom in our society.
During the month of August you will be getting a good dose of some of the finest & hardest Hero WoDs from HQ.
So do yourself a favour & make sure you do you your best to keep yourselves in a recovered state.
Mobilise lots, eat & drink as cleanly as possible. Get in early to properly prepare. Stay back late to throughly cool down & cheer on the next class.
Lets enjoy the ride & see out this last month of winter in style!!