Hero month is almost over! Only today & tomorrow left!
Hero WoD: “Randy”
75 Power Snatches (35 / 25 kg)
- This WoD was created to honour Randy Simmons, 51, a 27 year LAPD veteran and SWAT team member. Click here to see the first time this posted on .Com & read about Randy.
- Classic Hero WoD done here many a time here before. This is meant as LIGHTWEIGHT! Move that bar like it were a broomstick! We prefer you power snatch it all the way. Muscle Snatching may get you close to regional times but your shoulders will blow up & hey we ain’t going to the games! work on your movement quality.
- The objective is large sets to start with. It is a frantic fast paced piece that just demands that you keep moving! The time cap is 10 minutes.
- Lets go!!
- Hold the standards. Form is priority as always.
- Compare to 08/05/15. Scale As needed.
Post TIME to Beyond The Whiteboard.
As impressive as this feat is we want power snatches.
Now watch Dan also talk about Snatch PRACTICE
‘Hero’ Month is now in full flow!
Much like the named ‘Girl’ WoDs, Hero WoDs are Benchmark workouts that are created by CrossFit HQ to honour certain men & women from all lines of public service from all parts of the world who tragically lost their lives in the line of duty doing their bit to preserve freedom in our society.
During the month of August you will be getting a good dose of some of the finest & hardest Hero WoDs from HQ.
So do yourself a favour & make sure you do you your best to keep yourselves in a recovered state.
Mobilise lots, eat & drink as cleanly as possible. Get in early to properly prepare. Stay back late to throughly cool down & cheer on the next class.
Lets enjoy the ride & see out this last month of winter in style!!