Oly Strength WoD: ” Schplittin’!! “
2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2
- Olympic lifting is equal parts strength, speed, & mobility. Add in all the technical nuances to the lifts and you have a you have to have a lot of things coming together to make the party happen!
- Today we have the wonderful move that is the Split Jerk. This is the method of us getting the bar from our shoulders to overhead with the addition of us jumping and spearing the legs in different directions to help us get under it.
- By rights this move will have you lifting the most amount of weight overhead in a safe manner (note: if this is not the case then we most likely have some balance, coordination &/or stability restrictions going on, not to mention some mobility work would be needed).
- Be QUICK in getting under that barbell!
- Hold the standards. Form is priority as always.
- Have a look back here and see how your numbers compare.
- Scale As needed.
Post Loads to Beyond The Whiteboard