Hey CBDer’s, happy Tuesday! Hope your all feeling good and raring to tackle some good WoDs this week!
Remember to always listen to your body. If you’re feeling worse for wear sub out one of the tasks today and get some mobility in.
A): Back Squat 3 x 5 (add 1-5kgs from last time dependant on how the body feels)
– keep good upright posture.
– set your feet at shoulder width apart.
– screw those feet into ground (imagine tearing a newspaper in two!).
– send your hips back & down, thats BACK and then a split second later DOWN!.
– descend down to BELOW PARALLEL, not parallel – go BELOW PARALLEL!
– keep your knees out! don’t let those knees cave in at all!!
– when you’re in the bottom, don’t “let go” and collapse. Likewise don’t bounce in & out of the squat either.
– drive up with your chest proud and finish tall.
B): Strict Pull Up 3 x 8 (rest 1-2 mins between sets)
Notes: Going on from last Thursday where we had strict pull ups before the WoD. We are trying to build strength in this move. If you are in bands remember what we told you last week. To recap that, if you are in a band or bands and you are cranking out unbroken sets of 8 then it is too easy!! We feel that you should be having to fight for those reps so aim for 3-5 unbroken this week and see how you go. You would then finish off the remaining reps as needed to complete the set.
If you are unassisted and you can do all three sets unbroken then its time to add a small bit of weight. that is a SMALL bit of weight, not a 20kg load! You are to stick to the same weight on all 3 sets. (note: if you have never done 3 unbroken sets of 8 then you are to stick to just bodyweight until you can complete the required number of reps.