So 14.3 closes today. Another chapter in the CrossFit Games history is in the books. Today we will keep it relatively safe as to keep our bodies in fine fettle for the upcoming 14.4. Don’t fret though, we’ll ramp it up tomorrow!!
Please remember, 14.4 will be held on Friday lunch and evening instead of Saturday. Bok yourself accordingly.
Remember to always listen to your body. If you’re feeling worse for wear sub out one of the tasks today and get some mobility in.
Level 1 – Row Intervals,
4 x 300m, rest 45 secs between –
– keep good upright posture.
– Drive of off your toes and aggressively extend the legs (arms are straight throughout this portion) -.
– At the end point when your legs are locked out, quickly and aggressively pull the handle into your belly and let it go out again straight away.
– Ensure the handle has passed over the knees before you think about rebinding your legs.
– Try to reach in quite close to the “catch” with the handle when you are returning your stroke.
– On a sprint such as a 300m you need to be quick on your return. This means pulling yourself in with your hamstrings.
– Don’t lose your rhythm and have the handle bouncing off your knees, etc.
Level 1 – GHD Sit Up, 3 x 20 reps.
Level 2 – Overhead Sit Up, 3 x 20 reps @ 20/15kg
Notes: Do not do both levels! Only do level 1 if you have been cleared for it by the coaches. Form on the GHD is paramount. Slam those quads into gear to get yourself up. Do not lose your lumbar region, you must must must activate your midline and hold it tight. Grab a coach to check your form.
With the overhead sit ups, keep those legs butterflyed and if you cannot keep them in place when sitting up then you need to come down in weight. Also make sure you get your head through at the top of the movement too. Don’t short change the movement…or your abs!