Remember this weekend is Easter Weekend. There are some changes to our usual timetable. In place of the normal classes are:
Good Friday: 1 class @ 10am
Easter Saturday: 2 classes @ 8am, 9am
Easter Monday: Closed, rest up for a big week!
Remember to always listen to your body. If you’re feeling worse for wear sub out one of the tasks today and get some mobility in.
A): Double Kettlebell Front Rack Lunges, 3 x 20 (10 reps each leg)
– Make sure to safely clean the kb’s up to the shoulders, you then place each kb on either arm/shoulder region. Your elbows should be as high as possible throughout.
– Much like the barbell version of this move, keep your midline in check & braced.
– Keep your stance somewhere between hip width & shoulder width apart. Don’t stay too narrow.
– When you plant the front foot don’t overshoot the knee forwards Your front shin should remain vertical at all times .
– The rear knee must touch the ground on each rep.
– It is a static lunge, not a walking lunge. You must return back to your starting position on each rep.
– Alternate your legs on each rep.
B): Strict Pull Up, 3 x 8 (rest 1-2 mins between sets).
Notes & Form Tips:
– Get those lats & shoulders active.
– Thumb AROUND the bar.
– Chin all the over the top of the bar.
– Pull yourself in toward the bar on your finish (you should theoretically be able to rest your chin on top of it).
– Return to full lock out at the bottom.
– No kipping!!
– The aim is at least 3-4 reps unbroken reps at the beginning of each set.
– Try to rest no more than 20 seconds when inside of actual sets.
– If you can legitimately do 3 sets of 8 unbroken then add weight to the move.