Hero WoD: “McCluskey”
3 Rounds For Time
9 Muscle Ups
15 Burpee Pull Ups
21 Pull Ups
800m Block Run
- This WoD was created to honour U.S. Army Sergeant Jason “Mick” McCluskey, 26, of McAlester, Oklahoma. Click here to see the first time this posted on .Com & read about McCluskey.
- Quite a unique WoD in the sense we have three movements that themselves can be seen as progressive moves in which to progress and train for the advanced moves. If you have Muscle Ups this is all about maintaining form & rhythm across the three moves. If you are at the stage that would see you scaling then this is a great workout in which to do different scaling options of the same or similar moves. Use this day to illicit the best form that will see you improve as an athlete.
- Rest assured your Coaches have a lot of scale options lined up for every level. This one is actually tons of fun.
- Lets go!!
- Hold the standards. Form is priority as always.
- 35 min time cap. Scale As needed.
Post Number of TIME to Beyond The Whiteboard.
‘Hero’ Month is now in full flow!
Much like the named ‘Girl’ WoDs, Hero WoDs are Benchmark workouts that are created by CrossFit HQ to honour certain men & women from all lines of public service from all parts of the world who tragically lost their lives in the line of duty doing their bit to preserve freedom in our society.
During the month of August you will be getting a good dose of some of the finest & hardest Hero WoDs from HQ.
So do yourself a favour & make sure you do you your best to keep yourselves in a recovered state.
Mobilise lots, eat & drink as cleanly as possible. Get in early to properly prepare. Stay back late to throughly cool down & cheer on the next class.
Lets enjoy the ride & see out this last month of winter in style!!